Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day

I never celebrated valentine's day. I've always tried to be romantic spontaneously rather than on a specific day.
The reason today is special to me is that on this day 7 years ago I had the first conversation with the woman who became my wife. Here's a bit of my blog post from the next day.

I answered the phone and got to spend ages talking to her. I was so scared of not being able to talk or having nothing to say, 'cause that's how I am, but she was telling me all about her night and things seemed to go pretty well. I was so nervous that I couldn't stand still. I ended up walking around most of town just to distract myself from being on the phone to her in some way. I'm sure I sounded like and idiot some of the time but just being on there with her and hearing her voice (which was beautiful) was amazing. She has the prettiest accent I've ever heard.
So yeah, that was that. I got a bit cold and a bit wet as I ran out so fast I forgot my top and was only wearing a t-shirt but none of it mattered.
It was so perfect to spend my valentine's day on the phone to her
.

Whether you are in to valentine's day or not I hope everyone has  the chance to feel a connection with another human being that makes them as happy as that made me.

No comments: